Monday, November 4, 2013

These Days

These days I use an online dictionary while working at my desk.  But today I pulled out my American Heritage Dictionary stacked between desk files and an old telephone book.
Looking through the pages of my dictionary, I came across mementoes I had stuck between pages that were forgotten.
Randomly throughout my dictionary I found the following:  a pineapple-chicken recipe, Psalm 139 typed out on a piece of paper, a pink card with the word, “synchronicity” written on it, and the word, “eschatological” written out on a yellow slip of paper, and still another word, “seraphim”.  There was a picture of a graphic book title, “Designer’s Guide to Global Color Combinations”.  There was a picture of an icon of Jesus with open arms from Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre.











No comments:

Post a Comment